Prayers of the Rosary
The Fifteen Promises of the Virgin Mary to those who
recite the Rosary
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall
receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those
who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy
vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for
souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from
the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of
eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the
Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the
consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune.
God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided
death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy
of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die
without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their
life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at
the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of
glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the
Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their
life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters
of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Blessings of the Rosary
1. Sinners are forgiven.
2. Souls that thirst are refreshed
3. Those who are fettered have their bonds broken.
4. Those who weep find happiness
5. Those who are tempted find peace.
6. The poor find help.
7. Religious are reformed.
8. Those who are ignorant are instructed.
9. The living learn to overcome pride.
10. The dead (the Holy Souls) have their pains eased by suffrages.
Benefits of the Rosary
1. It gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ.
2. It purifies our souls, washing away sin.
3. It gives us victory over all our enemies.
4. It makes it easy for us to practice virtue.
5. It sets us on fire with love of Our Lord.
6. It enriches us with graces and merits.
7. It supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to
our fellow men; and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from
The Indulgences to be Gained
An indulgence is the remission before God of the temporal punishment due to
sins whose guilt has already been forgiven, a remission, which one of the
faithful, properly disposed and under certain definite conditions, can acquire
through the Church, which authoritatively dispenses, applying the treasure of
the satisfactions of Christ and the Saints. An indulgence is either PLENARY or
PARTIAL, depending upon whether it frees one from the whole or from a part of
the temporal punishment due to sin. This means that one of the faithful who,
with at least a contrite heart, performs a work enriched with a partial
indulgence, is granted by the power of the Church that same amount of
remission of temporal punishment as he has already obtained by the work
itself. In other words, the remission is doubled, and that as often as the
work prescribed is performed. A plenary indulgence means a full remission of
temporal punishment, provided that several other conditions apply, in addition
to the work performed or prayer said. The faithful, whenever they recite a
third part of the Rosary with devotion, may gain: ·An indulgence of 5 years ·A
Plenary indulgence on the usual conditions, if they do this for an entire
month. If they recite a third part of the Rosary in company with others,
whether in public or in private, they may gain: ·An indulgence of 10 years,
once a day; ·A plenary indulgence on the last Sunday of each month, with the
addition of Confession, Communion and a visit to a church or a public oratory,
if they perform such a recitation at least three times in any of the preceding
weeks. If however they recite this together in family group, besides the
partial indulgence of 10 years, they are granted: ·A plenary indulgence twice
a month, if they perform this recitation, daily for a month, go to confession,
receive Holy Communion, and visit some church or public oratory. The faithful
who daily recite a third part of the Rosary with devotion in a family group
besides the indulgences already granted under 1. are also granted a Plenary
indulgence on condition of Confession and Communion on each Saturday, on two
other days of the week, and on each of the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary in
the Universal Calendar namely: the Immaculate Conception, the Purification,
the Apparition of our Blessed Lady at Lourdes, the Annunciation, the Seven
Dolors (Friday of Passion Week), the Visitation, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel; Our
Lady of the Snows, the Assumption, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the Nativity
of the Blessed Virgin, the Seven Dolors (Sept 15), Our Lady of Ransom, the
Most Holy Rosary, the Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Presentation
of the Blessed Virgin. Those who piously recite a third part of the Rosary in
the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, publicly exposed or even reserved in
the tabernacle, as often as they do this, may gain: ·A plenary indulgence, on
condition of confession and Communion. The faithful who at any time of the
year devoutly offer their prayers in honor of our Lady of the Rosary, with the
intention of continuing the same for 9 consecutive days, may gain: ·An
indulgence of 5 years once on any day of the novena; ·A plenary indulgence on
the usual conditions at the close of the novena. The faithful who resolve to
perform a devout exercise in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary for 15
uninterrupted Saturdays (or these being impeded, for any respective Sundays
immediately following) if they devoutly recite at least a third part of the
Rosary or meditate on its mysteries in some other manner may gain: ·A plenary
indulgence on the usual conditions on any of these 15 Saturdays, or
corresponding Sundays. The faithful who during the month of October recite at
least a third part of the Rosary, either publicly or privately, may gain: ·An
indulgence of 7 years each day; ·A plenary indulgence, if they perform this
devout exercise on the Feast of the Rosary and throughout the Octave, and
moreover, go to confession, receive Holy Communion and visit a church; ·A
plenary indulgence, with the addition of confession, Communion and visit to a
church, if they perform this same recitation of the Holy Rosary for at least
10 days after the Octave of the aforesaid Feast. A 500 day indulgence may be
gained once a day by the faithful who kissing a blessed Rosary, which they
carry with them, at the same time recite the first part of the Hail Mary up to